Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back to School: Post 1

Hello Lovelies
School's starting soon, so we obviously need to talk about back to school. I'll be doing a few posts about different aspects of going back to school, like clothes, supplies, etc.
It is a new school year, and for students it's a fresh start. You can go to school and work towards being the person you want to be. Personally, I like to make resolutions. Basically, I make a list of all the things I want to accomplish for myself this school year. It's never just about grades, but also about improving the way I view myself and others. Every new school year comes with the baggage that you accumulated the year before, and before that, and so on. So the idea of making resolutions helps you get rid of that baggage. No matter what happened last year, you can still grow out of that. A very large part of being a student is watching yourself grow and questioning the things you learned before. It is also about discovering the things about yourself that were hidden until now. I may give school a lot of slack for feeling tedious, but it actually is the one place you can discover yourself and not really have to worry about all the distractions that responsibility leaves us with.
The idea is that you have this safe place where you're still allowed to make some mistakes and learn more about yourself in a way that one can't if they're working. This is a point where your whole life is ahead of you. That's why it's the time to take risks, to see what your limits are and push them just enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment