Thursday, July 4, 2013

This is US

It feels so lame to think about now. I always wanted to go to all these amazing places. The outside world is just so interesting to me. Traveling is something that makes the world feel less huge and overwhelming. No matter where I go, I always seem to find someone that understands this feeling.
When I'm hanging out with my mom, we sometimes plan where our next trip is. The list of places we haven't been yet just keeps getting shorter; I love it. You'll always have to repeat the places the effected you the most. For me maybe: the sunset behind the glass pyramid at the Louvre, the view from the top of that volcano outside Santorini, the feeling of peace as I lay by the water in various Carribean islands, the view from the London eye, that sudden burst of inspiration I felt as I gazed at the Trevi fountain, the walk through centuries as I found myself atop the Great Wall of China. Those are just a few...I really think there have to be hundreds more.
The truth is, no matter where I go, I find myself taken aback by the feeling of familiarity. Although, I'm in a completely new place, I can't shake that feeling that still...as humans, we are so similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment