Saturday, October 6, 2012

Words can crush with their weight. They can make a situation or break it. That saying, “Actions speak louder than words,” may be true, but words hold a greater impact than we give them credit for. Actions are not remembered unless we write them down. With words, we can make actions speak so loud that they are immortal, or so quietly, they are forgettable. Words can create worlds and destroy them. They can make the difference between heartbreak and happily ever after. In our everyday lives, we do not usually think of the power that words have over us. 
- an excerpt from a paper I wrote
Honestly, before I wrote this, I had no clue I felt this way. It was like one of those unconscious revelations. When the thoughts began to flow and my fingers flew over the keys, my true feelings were revealed. People do not understand the weight of the words and how they affect them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment