Sunday, September 16, 2012

A new life to live

Like many out there in cyberspace, I have begun to write my very own blog. *silence* Not that I was expecting a great round of applause or anything...There are thoughts in this head of mine that just need to get out there in the world.
A few months ago I made a choice that I wanted to attend a university where I would not be distracted by the insanity that is New York City. The place I find myself in now, let's call that North Egg, is not too far, but it is NOT what I'm used to. I'm a city girl, born and raised. My hobbies include shopping, reading, and basking in the idea of being surrounded by millions of people. I am a master in the art of hailing a cab. The Subway map? I've got it memorized. You can imagine my surprise when I arrived in North Egg and discovered I could not exactly use these life skills there. Having just ripped myself from the comfort of the greatest city in the world, I am a little overwhelmed. What can I say? You can take the girl out of the city, but you can NEVER take the city out of the girl.
Regardless of this overwhelming situation, the excitement has me bursting at the seems. New experiences and situations provide lessons all about life. It is not about being this tunnel visioned, completely jaded city kid. It is about viewing the world in a million different contexts. Experiences are cheat codes that make it easier to deal with life. Sure, I'll make mistakes, but the world will be my classroom.

2 comments: