Friday, August 9, 2013

Objectives

This be my most cynical group of words ever, but I don't actually care. This is a piece of advice. It's great if you think that people are inherently good and they just make mistakes, everyone can be changed...blah blah blah. I beg to differ my friends. I've always known, but it was put into perspective for me in my theater class last semester. My professor so eloquently said, "No conversation worth having does not have an objective." He's right. Let me give you an example. Blogging is a conversation, although particularly one-sided. My objective is to get all you lovely people in cyberspace to listen to what I have to say. That's not a particularly malicious objective. However, there are people out there that just want to use you and pretend that it's okay. It's not. Just because you're a kind human being, doesn't mean you should be pushed around.

No comments:

Post a Comment